6/01/2015

Prayer of My Heart

Before the ITR (Income Tax Return) season kicked in, I was already struggling with spiritual dryness.  I was grateful with God for all the blessings He had been pouring out for us, but I feel less and less of the joy I used to have.  My early morning quiet time became a routine and obligation rather than something I look forward to.  And when March came in, busyness has engulfed all of my energy and time.  My quiet time with the Lord became less frequent to almost none.  And all those time, I felt guilty.  But still, the Lord blessed me and even provided for me to be able to finally make some home repair and improvement.  How I feel so undeserving of His love and faithfulness!

But, I long for the joy His salvation gives.  I long for the peace and quietness of trusting Him to lead my life.  I am ashamed to admit that the world has once again caught up on me and I went along. The world disguised as deadlines to beat, work that needs to be prioritized, things to buy, projects to plan, etc. etc.

I hold on to God's promise of mercy that is new every morning.  And today, I pray for God's mercy and forgiveness.  I pray for God's grace and peace.  I pray -

Psalm 51: 7-12

 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
    wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
 Let me hear joy and gladness;
    let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
 Hide your face from my sins
    and blot out all my iniquity.
 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
 Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.


I ask that you all please pray for me.  May God give me the strength and enable me to be able to grow deeper in relationship with Him.

No comments: