12/29/2012

Provider

As much as I know that God provides all we need and that we should learn to turn to Him and trust Him, I am still guilty of so many times when I forget to do just that.  Instead, I make hasty decisions without even consulting Him.

But there are times when I just pray and let my heart rest on His promise-

Matthew 6:34
Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Now, as I am reflecting on my reading today-  John 6: 1-15, where Jesus feeds fives thousand people - He once again confirmed to me that He is able to provide all that I need.  But I have to admit that whenever I think of Him as my provider, it is always in the area of my physical and emotional needs.  I never really pondered on the more important truth about Jesus.  He, being the bread of life that gives everlasting life.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will leave forever.

Most of the time, I am bounded by wishing heaven here on earth, and I forget the truth that life here on earth will never be like heaven- even if I will be have all the money of this world.  There will always be emptiness of the heart, trials, and absence of peace in our minds.  It is only through Jesus that we come to know peace and joy beyond understanding, beyond material things... And living forever means joining Him to eternal life- where there will only joy and peace.

I need to always remind myself that life here on earth is a test.  And just like the classroom, there will be two results.  And I need to focus to work on passing- to do His will in my life and to live a true Christian life.

No comments: