4/14/2012

Do Not Worry


Until now, my heart is filled with so much thanksgiving and praise to God our Father and to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. God is really good and he has an unfailing love to those who trust in Him.  I am a living testimony to that.

You see, I was a chronic worrier.  If things where not supposed to be or things got out of my control, I worry... a lot!  And this causes so much anxiety in my heart taking away all the peace that is left of it.

When I finally accepted Jesus as my Savior and Lord, I decided to know Him and His promises and have faith in them.  And then I read  Matthew 6:25-33 about not having to worry about what we will eat or drink or wear because God knows what we need.  If birds and lillies were being taken care of by our Father, how much more us?  And then He said:

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Do I still worry now?

I worry less now.  I still feel it but whenever I get to that, I bowed down and pray and tell Him that I cannot go through it without Him and I need Him to guide me and strengthen me.  And He never fails to be there for me.

And recently, things didn't went as expected regarding a fund that we were expecting to come 2nd week of the month.  I began to worry because there were bills and payments that were due and that fund was are only hope.  But I know better now.  I prayed and talked to God.  The next morning,  a gift came.  I was handed a check as a gift for helping out in something.  I was dumbfounded and overwhelmed!  I wanted to cry.  I silently give thanks to God.

You see, when you trust in Him, He never fails.  If you have prayers that are unanswered, learn to wait and trust in God's timing.

No comments: