6/18/2012

Stumbled


Yes, I stumbled.  I got pissed off yesterday and was almost ready to take out on someone the big bad black dog in me.  I was so consumed with anger that the I can't barely hear the white dog anymore.  Thing is, I gave the reign to the black dog.  I did not pause and count one to ten to calm myself.  In my mind, I just had to do something about it.  And I somewhat got what I wanted.  My charming yet deadly words spurred the action I needed.

But I feel guilty nonetheless.  Not just for feeling so bad but for not praying and trusting the Lord that through His power, He give me what I wanted and spare me from stumbling.

I asked for forgiveness.  And during my quiet time this morning, He talked to me through His Word:

Psalm 37:3-4
Trust in the Lord and do good;
   dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the Lord
   and he will give you the desires of your
        heart.

Psalm 37:8
Be still for the Lord and wait patiently 
     for him;
  do not fret when men succeed on their
      ways.....


Psalm 37:9
Refrain from anger and turn away from wrath;
     do not fret- it leads only to evil.


I am guilty as charged.  But God is merciful and compassionate -

Psalm 37:23-24
If the Lord delight's in a man's way,
   he makes his steps firm;
though he stumble, he will not fall,
   for the Lord upholds him with his 
        hand.


I know God has forgiven me and I am once again given a new chance to change and learn from what happened.  And I ask for His patience and power to transform me and strengthen me to do His will in my life.  If ever I stumble again, it comforts me to know He will be there to catch me.  Because God loves me.



No comments: