11/29/2012

On Righteousness


Another wonderful truth I have come to learn about Jesus and what He did on the cross:

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

The Lord Jesus Christ, who live a sinless life, was tortured, rejected and put to an agonizing death on the cross, because of His love for us! And what happened on the cross was, God put all our sins on Him, he actually became sin, and He took Jesus Christ's righteousness and put it in all of us.  So that whenever we confess our sins, God do not see our sins in us, but the righteousness of Christ.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 

As I am pondering on this truth, I realized how God loves us.  I deserve to be on the cross for all my sins and yet, God sent His Son to become the perfect sacrifice so that I will become free from the slavery of sin and be reconciled to Him.  Imagine the impact of this truth:  Jesus Christ's righteousness is in me!  I may lived a whole life doing good works but I will never deserve such a privilege.  And yet God gave it to us, Jesus Christ shed His blood so that His righteousness will live in us.  God's grace is truly amazing! The sinless took all the sins!

I pray for the Holy Spirit to prompt me on this truth everyday.  I want to always remember this truth the next time I feel rejected or mistreated or criticized.  Because if our Lord, who lived righteous, sacrificed Himself on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins-  what reason do I have, a sinner, not to forgive others for the petty wrongs others may do to me? And also, since the righteousness of Jesus is in me, then this should motivate me to live on that righteousness.  And I know that God will give me the power and strength to do it.  I will stumble for sure... I still live in my sinful nature.  But that should not give me the excuse not to get back up and head to the way God wants me to take- to live righteous just as He has given us!

To God be all the glory!




No comments: