3/28/2013

The Truth That Changed Me



It was January 2012 when my life made a total turnaround from where it was.  For almost 2 years before that, I was on my worldly pursuits in life-  money, power and recognition.  God, family and friends was at the bottom of my priority list.  And I thought I was on the right track of my real purpose in life.  I was blinded by  my belief that if I will have those, I can easily bring back God, family and friends to my top priority list since I  can already have all the time in the world.

I was almost there.  It was only a matter of time.  

And then God took it all away from me. 

Not only that, He also gave me problems and challenges that caused me pain, heartaches and sleepless nights.  He broke me so bad that I was on the verge of depression.  

But I thank God for His love, grace and mercy.  For enabling my heart to seek Him, instead of hardening my it and blaming Him for what I have been through.  Those times were the hardest times of my life -  but I can honestly say that I am grateful for them to this day.  Because I now understand that God had made go though those as He molds me to be ready for the time when I will accept Him as my Lord and Savior.

When I accepted Jesus Christ in my life, my life totally changed.  It was no longer my power, no longer my priority list and even no longer my life plan.  He made me learn to surrender my life to Him.  He gave me peace beyond understanding.  Trials still come, but I no longer worry that much or be burden about it because I  have His power and His grace and His mercy and love.

Life with Christ is not a bed of roses.  Problems and trials comes regularly.  The difference it has from my former life (without Him) is the peace amidst the trials, the unexplainable  joy and the extraordinary strength to face them. 

And so let me share to everyone this important truth that totally changed my life.  As we reflect this Holy Week of this truth, it is my hope and prayer that you too will experienced God's grace and love and live life in light of eternity-

That God wants us to have eternal  and abundant life (John 10:10).  But our sin problem has caused us to be separated from God (Romans 3:23).  That the payment of our sin is death- not physical death, but spiritual death or eternal separation from God (Romans 6:23)  But God out his love for us, sent His one and only Son as a payment for all our sins once and for all and whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16). 

Our only job is to believe and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

On January 2012,  I prayed the prayer of acceptance -  I admitted to God that I am a sinner and asked for forgiveness for all my sins. I expressed my faith in Jesus and accepted Him as my Lord and Savior and invited Him into my life.  And thank Him for dying on the cross for all my sins and for the eternal life He has given me.

Before that day, I was never sure I would go to heaven if I die anytime.  And I always believed that doing good works- helping people, being kind, avoiding mortal sin, etc. would merit me points to go to heaven.  after all, I don't kill, or rob or commit adultery. But I was dumbfounded to have found that none of those is the way to eternal life.  These truth in the bible is so clear and I never knew-

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works so that no one can boast.

And there is only one way to the Father-

John 14:6
I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

After that day,  my life was never the same.  I have in my heart the peace and joy that I never experienced before.  I began to thirst for His word and the desire to get to know God deeper and deeper.  I am assured of my salvation and have this longing for others to know Him, too.

I am living in the light of eternity-  that life here on earth is too short, but eternity is long and unending.  I am living (through His grace and power) life with the purpose of investing in eternity.  And I thank God for enabling me to do this.  I am not a perfect follower of Christ- I stumble still along the way.  But I know that He is always there to guide me in the right path-  always forgiving and always loving.

Until now, I cry with the thought of how gracious He is to allow me to go through what I have been through and then find myself under His grace, mercy and love.

Life with Christ is not easy, but with His power-  it is peaceful and joyous and victorious.  Not even the worst problem can undone it.  As long as we are faithful to His word and completely surrender our lives to Him.




No comments: