8/25/2013

Flunked the Work Test

I've been busy the past days because of the 3 new clients I got.  There's still a lot to go through until everything settles down into a merely routine.  And because of it, I've been under a lot of stress lately, been having less hours of sleep and I become irritable to Vergil and the kids.  And God convicted me, it should not be that way.

God has given me those clients not to do the same mistake I did before- putting work above everything.  The control freak (black dog) in me took the opportunity to cloud once more my knowledge of what God wants me to do.  But I am glad that He made me realize early on what I should be doing- to trust Him to help me with my work.  To be conscious of my priorities-  God, family and others, work and ministry.

Well, I am not proud to say I flunked the test of trusting the Lord for my work.  I had so many deadlines and so little time to do it.  I panicked, plunged myself into work, rearranged my priorities (work on top!) and I ended up irritable, stressed (emphasis on two big, ugly pimple on my chin!), tired and not happy at all!  What I should have done was to keep my priorities in check, and then prayed to God to take control of my deadlines and work.  I have our powerful God to help me but I relied on my own strength once again!  How foolish I am!!

Lesson learned-

1.  Never compromise your priorities (right priorities, I mean).
2.  When you think it is impossible to do something, trust in God.  He is the God of the impossible after all.
3.  Pray, never ceased to pray.
4.  Do not rely on your own strength.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him.

Have a blessed day everyone!