7/28/2013

God's Love And Mercy

I am not sure, but I think I mentioned before how I gave up a good offer to return working full time over working at home - bookkeeping on retainer's.  I only had one client at that time so imagine the difference of the amount of income between the two.  But I chose to obey God when He told me to concentrate becoming a wife and a mother He wants me to be.  That the same time, we were struggling financially and the offer could have helped us.  But we trusted God and His plans for us.  I knew He will provide for us and will never leave us through the trying times.

It's been more than a year and God has been faithful to His promises.  He gave us so much undeserved love and mercy that I never thought I'd experienced.  He provided for us while he taught us to lean on Him for everything.  He's been faithful the whole time although I was not.  Most of the time, I stumble and hurt Him.  But He forgives me over and over that I feel sick knowing how unworthy I am of it.

It's been over a year, and although I was not as faithful as He is to me, He showered me with blessings. Today, I am working at home, I am my own boss and He gave me income more than what was offered to me before.  God is so good and I am so grateful that he encouraged me to wait and be patient.  His words guided me all the way to what I have now.

Today, as I reflect, I asked for God's forgiveness for all the time I follow the ways of the world and not listen to the Holy Spirit.  I am still a work in progress, but I have learned and realized that God loves me so much that He is always there to welcome me back when I go astray.  I am grateful of everything- from the trials that developed me and brought me to seek Him and to the blessings that He gave me. Indeed, God is good and faithful. He is loving and merciful never wanting us to perish.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.




No comments: