10/20/2013

Great Wealth

1 Timothy 6:6-8
Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.

Once again, God reminded me to probe deeper in my heart.  And reminded me that the true great wealth does not lie in what I have or I can have, but in being contented and being grateful. He reminded me that my greatest wealth is the ETERNAL LIFE that He,with so much grace and love, had given us through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I am guilty of not putting into heart the warning the apostle Paul gave in the verses that followed that of above-

1 Timothy 6:6-8
But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

I am grateful that before I once again plunged in to the wrong direction, God so lovingly reminded me today of getting on the right track.  Of pursuing the path of His righteousness and will.  I pray that the Holy Spirit will strengthen me against the temptations of the world and the temporary happiness it offers.  I pray that God will protect my heart from pride and from wanting to please man instead of Him.

Have a blessed day everyone!


No comments: