8/27/2012

Do Not Love The World


1 John 2:15-17
Do not love the world or anything in the world.  If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  For everything in the world- the cravings of sinful man, the lusts of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does- comes not from the Father but from the world.   The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.

I am a work in progress.  Before I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior,  I was arrogant and boastful.  I took credit of what I have accomplished and I am proud to let everyone see how I can control and achieve the things I want in life.  Until God humbled me through the trials and problems that was thrown my way.

 I became resentful and bitter.  I blamed others for what happened.  But God is good because he drawn me\
into the light and where He finally revealed to me why it had to be that way.  Now, I am more than grateful for what happened.  I found God and finally found a deep sense of purpose in life.

As I was spending my time with the Lord this morning, He reminded me to keep my path on the right track through the verse above.  Lately, I have kept a full schedule juggling being a mom and wife, an online store seller, a GLC student and reviewing for my upcoming license exams. And I skipped my morning coffee with Him since I can no longer bring myself up at 4:45 AM.  I am glad this morning, the Holy Spirit enabled me.

Here's one thing I discovered the past weeks.  Whenever I skipped my morning time talking to God and listening to Him through His word,  I am more prone to taking the easier way of life. I am more tempted to succumbed to my sinful nature and its desires.  My greatest flaw is my PRIDE, and from that it breeds envy, cravings for material things, arrogance and boasting. And I have been tempted by all that the past days and my heart is guilty.

I thank God that this morning He reminded me again to live according to His will and to live in light of eternity.

God is really great!


No comments: