8/28/2012

Humility


Philippians 2:3-4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.  Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Since my greatest flaw is pride,  humility is far out in my character.  And this is one thing I always pray about.  That the Lord enable me to practice humility and become secure of who I am.  That He remind me everyday that I should be giving glory to Him and work on His approval instead of impressing men.  Most of my life was about who is the greatest - in school and work.  I focused on achieving more than the people around me.  I just had to be shining and rising above the rest.  I cannot be part of the average but I had to be one of the few.

But the Lord showed me that humility that speaks volumes.  He, being a God has taken the nature of a Servant and humbled Himself and loved us despite the rejections and mocking thrown at Him when He was here on earth.  He could have easily revealed Himself of His power - but He obeyed the Father's will.  Such a heart He also wants us to have.

I believe by God's grace, I will be able to develop the humility that the Lord wants me to have.  It will be a painful transformation, but the reward will be worth it!

No comments: