8/07/2012

Worry

It was only the other day when I was feeling down and started to worry again about the future... pressure of problems was slowly creeping inside me.  The need to take control was shouting its way back.  Late that night, I cried out to God my worries and heartache. And He impressed upon my heart how much He loves me and that I need to trust Him and wait for His will in my life.  I calmed down at once and then started to count the many blessings I have.  And it dawned on me how petty was it for me to worry about something that is not even sure to happen.  Or to worry about the future when He told me that the worries of today is enough of its own.

Before  sleep took me, I opened my bible and this verses calmed me even more:

Psalm 116: 5-7
The Lord is gracious and rigtheous;
  our Lord God is full of compassion,
The Lord protects the simplehearted;
  when I was in great need, he saved me.

Be at rest once more O my soul,
  for the Lord has been good to you.

I again prayed for His will in my life and surrendered every thing to Him.


No comments: